I usually post Coding related stuffs on gotobo.in but today i thought to bring a true story of an academy’s interaction with me.
Most people on google come to search for a coaching institute, placement cells, consultancies, Job providing firms, academies like Up grad, Simplilearn etc.
There are several academies which promise to up skill your career by providing you the learning over latest technologies, programming languages, front end and back end development stuff etc.
One such academy is Scaler.com, While surfing on internet i bumped into the their website which was well designed, organized and structured. I could see all categories listed in proper manner on appropriate places.
The home page was having a dashboard look, can be seen below. It listed categories like Live classes, Select a mentor, solve a problem and so on.
The look and feel of the home page is seemingly professional. Yesterday i got a call from an individual from scaler who started demotivating me in the beginning that as per my experience my package is low and with this speed i wont be able to survive in the industry long or how will i look after my family which was quite shocking, as i was getting scolded from a complete stranger. However i listened patiently, he kept asking my skills, spread of experience, my area of expertise and future planning.
Once he was through with my career information, he briefed me about Scaler Academy’s benefits for students or working professionals like me.He told me that “How would you feel if we give you a personal mentor who will guide you, work along with you in your problems etc.” And “What if we give you 100s of mock interviews before the actual interviews from the same company in which interview is to happen”. And so on. I was happy, because anyone would be happy with so much of help, you are getting up skilled, you are getting interview rehearsals before the actual interview, you are getting everything on your plate actually.
After all of this he shared Scaler Academy’s curriculum and brochure.
I also got a test which i attempted and scored well. After which i had a psychometric session in which he revised the complete curriculum infront of me, asked me my doubts and so on. Over all was convinced.
Here ‘s the crux now/
- After the session he explained me the payment plan of 2.5 lakh. I was supposed to pay 2.25 Lakh as he gave me 25k discount for the test i had attempted. The amount was divided into 2 parts, 35k of upfront payment and 19 months of emis, 10k each.
- Now he asked me to pay the upfront amount of 35k immediately. I asked how much time do i have to pay this amount for which he told “You have to pay by the end of this call”. I was taken aback, I was into that call and he all of a sudden started inquiring about my mode of payment. This was weird to me.
- When i asked him to give me some time as i need to discuss about the payment plan with my family, he gave me 55 minutes. That was again strange as earlier he told me that i need to make the payment by the end of the call. He changed his own statement.
- Another doubt which i had that if the course is for 9 months why have they made the EMI plan for 19 months, upon asking, he told me that people pay them till 36 months, so my next question was, Why people keep paying Scaler in installments after getting a package of >40LPA which they claim. To this he had no answer. He looked like reading a script. If a person is paying EMI for whole 36 months that simply means he did not get a job in between.
- He gave me example of a student in his academy who got 5-7 offers from Tier 1 companies and when i asked why did he give me this individual’s example, To this he told me that he was also like you, not from a good college and so on. I kept wondering “How did he know my college was good or not as he never asked my college name”? And this struck to me because my college was one of the top deemed universities in India.
- For payment plan he asked me how much do i get in hand ? I was surprised because normally no one except for any hiring company’s HR asks for the in hand salary. When i told him my in hand he was like you can pay the whole amount in 2-3 installments only. I did not understand the hurry. Why was he so much in a hurry ? I was not running anywhere.
So guys this is my story of interaction with Scaler.com, As a blogger I took it as my duty to bring this instance infront of all of you.
You people do your own research before joining any academy and not just Scaler.com.
Do visit following blog as well. It has been written by someone who had joined Scaler.
4 thoughts on “Is Scaler Academy Fraud?”
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails
with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Every weekend i used to pay a visit this website, for the reason that i wish
for enjoyment, since this this web site conations actually fastidious funny information too.
Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Spending some time and actual effort to create
a really good article… but what can I say… I put things off a
lot and never seem to get anything done.
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog!
I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding
your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to
fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.